MSL is dedicated to the economic vitality of the downtown area in the context of historic preservation. We are here to help entrepreneurs start businesses as well as support existing business owners. We work to see our businesses thrive in our community whether it be from renovating a building, experimenting with a new idea or establishing a connection to our community. Main Street Lexington is your resource.
Owning a Business in Downtown Lexington, Virginia
We welcome retail, professional services, restaurants, hotels, medical services, micro-manufacturing and more in Downtown Lexington. Main Street Lexington is committed to helping downtown businesses launch, sustain, and expand.
Lexington, VA: A Designated Qualified Opportunity Zone
You may be eligible to receive preferential tax benefits on capital gains by investing those gains in our livable, lovable city. Learn more about Lexington, VA's Qualified Opportunity Zone.
- Main Street Lexington Signs and Awnings Grant Fund Guidelines
- Application for the Main Street Lexington Business Signs and Awnings Grant Fund
- City of Lexington Website
- Chamber of Commerce Serving Lexington, Buena Vista, and Rockbridge County Website
- Shenandoah Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Website
- Historic Lexington Foundation's Facade Grant Program
- City of Lexington's Architectural Review Board (for approval of signs, renovations, etc.)
- Gift Certificate Program FAQ for Downtown Merchants