MSL is dedicated to the economic vitality of the downtown area. We are here to help entrepreneurs start businesses and support existing business owners. Build your business, renovate a building, or be a part of an economic development project. Main Street Lexington is your resource.
Owning a Business in Downtown
We welcome retail, professional services, restaurants, hotels, medical services, micro-manufacturing and more in Downtown Lexington. Download our Quick Guide to Starting a Business in Downtown Lexington, VA. Main Street Lexington is committed to helping downtown businesses launch, sustain, and expand.
Lexington, VA: A Designated Qualified Opportunity Zone
You may be eligible to receive preferential tax benefits on capital gains by investing those gains in our livable, lovable city. Learn more about Lexington, VA's Qualified Opportunity Zone.
- Main Street Lexington Business Signs and Awnings Grant Fund Information
- Application for the Main Street Lexington Business Signs and Awnings Grant Fund
City of Lexington Website
- Chamber of Commerce Serving Lexington, Buena Vista, and Rockbridge County Website
- Shenandoah Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Website
- Historic Lexington Foundation's Facade Grant Program
- City of Lexington's Architectural Review Board (for approval of signs, renovations, etc.)
- Gift Certificate Program FAQ for Downtown Merchants