Downtown Lexington Christmas Parade
Friday, December 2 • 6:00 p.m.
“Sounds of the Season”
To enter your float or organization, please click on the 'Register Here' tab below.
Thanks to Merryn Williams Design for this year's parade logo!
Rules and Regulations
- All parade applications must be received by 5 p.m. on November 25, 2022. A Discount Fee for Early Registration (before November 18, 2022) is available. See application.
- For safety reasons, all instructions of both the parade marshals and the Lexington Police Department must be obeyed.
- REMEMBER: All entries MUST make some effort to decorate to the theme of the 2021 parade: Sounds of the Season. This includes vehicle entries such as antique cars or trucks.
- Please indicate on Application if your group wants to be judged, if an appropriate category exists. Direct your performance accordingly. All performance groups and marching bands are limited to a three (3) minute timed stop. Those who don’t adhere to the time limit will not be judged and will be asked to move on. It is important to keep the parade moving in a timely manner. Categories are Best Band, Best Float, Best Vehicle, Best Performance or Best Equestrian.
- Following are the safety requirements for all floats that will carry children.
- Floats with children 12 and under will be required to have supervision by an adult.
- Floats with children 5-12 years of age need 1 adult for every 5 children.
- Floats with children under the age of 5 need 1 adult for every 2 children.
- Stand and sit on elevated elements of your float at your own risk.
- NO candy may be thrown from the floats. Candy may be distributed by walkers.
- All entries must go to the end of the parade route before they let people on or off, disband, or get into vehicles. No “on and off” is allowed during the parade.
- At the end of the parade, all entries must remove their vehicle from Main Street before dismantling vehicle decorations.
- THE SANTA ‘CLAUSE’: It is very confusing to small children to see multiple Santa and Mrs. Clauses riding on floats. Our Santa rides on his float at the end of the parade. Please do not put Santa on your float, in the cab, or anywhere else.
- ALL animal groups are responsible for their own animal waste cleanup.
- Information on lineup, parking, children drop-off and other parade preparations will be sent to you via email on Monday, November 28th. PLEASE BE SURE YOUR APPLICATION CONTAINS AN ACCURATE EMAIL ADDRESS.
- Inclement Weather Policy: In case of very inclement weather, the parade will be cancelled. Look for announcements after 2pm the day of the parade on 3WZ 96.7 and /or www.mainstreetlexington.org. It will only be canceled in the case of extreme weather!